American Heart Association Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) Course Overview
Wayne First Aid
8 Rohrbach Memorial Way
Wayne NJ 07470
$225.00 Includes Manual
1-day accelerated or Traditional 2-day course available
1-day 5 Hour Course
1 Hour Skills Test, requires online part to be complete prior to skills test.
Please visit our eLearning Online Courses Page
- Same Day 2 Year American Heart Association Certification
- See Course Calendar for all our CPR BLS /ACLS/ PALS courses.
Friday July 13th 2018 from 6:00PM - 10:00PM&
Saturday July 14th 2018 from 9:00AM - 5:00PM
Wednesday June 20th 2018 from 10:00AM - 7:00PM
Wednesday June 20th 2018 from 1:00PM - 7:00PM
The ACLS course is for healthcare professionals who either direct or participate in the management of cardiopulmonary arrest or other cardiovascular emergencies.
The Advanced Cardiac Life Support (ACLS) course builds on the foundation of Basic Life Support (BLS) for Healthcare Providers skills, emphasizing the importance of continuous, high-quality CPR. This advanced course highlights the importance of team dynamics and communication, systems of care, and immediate post-cardiac arrest care. ACLS also covers airway management and related pharmacology.
This includes personnel in emergency response, emergency medicine, intensive care and critical care units such as physicians, nurses, and paramedics, as well as others who need an ACLS course completion card for job or other requirements.
We offer 2 ways to take the Initial Course, 2 day traditional or 1-day Accelerated.
ACLS Renewals/Updates done in 4hours.
2-Day Initial Course
The 2-day ACLS course covers all the skills and video's and requires the student to study and take the pre-test at home.
Accel. 1-Day Initial
The 1-day Accerated ACLS course covers all the skills requires the student to study, review the videos at home and take the pre-test at home. (See below for video's to watch)
The 1-day ACLS Renewal/Update program is for students renewing with current or recently expired cards who wish to remain certified.
Prepare for Class: Please review the below algorithms (they are in the book as well), its highly advised you download and study them as well as take the Pre-Test:
- Cardiac Arrest Algorithm & Immediate Post Cardiac Arrest Care
- Bradycardia with pulse Algorithm
- Acute Coronary Syndromes Algorithm
- Suspected Stroke Algorithm
- Pre-Test: Available at www.heart.org/eccstudent Click on "Pre-course Assessment" Code word: ACLS15 (optional for Renewal)
Accelerated Students Should also:
- Review all the links above and complete the Pre-course Assessment
- Watch the Airway Management Video (All videos are found on Student Website www.heart.org/eccstudent Code word: ACLS15)
- Watch the Stroke Video Video
- Watch the ACS Video Video
- Watch the High-Quality BLS Video
The ACLS courses cover:
- 1-Rescuer CPR and AED use
- Science Overview
- Team Dynamics
- BLS and ACLS Surveys
- Immediate Post-Cardiac Arrest Care
- Airway Management/Respiratory Arrest
- Peri-arrest Rhythms (Tachycardia, Bradycardia)
- Arrest Rhythms (VF, PVT, PEA, Asystole)
- Acute Coronary Syndromes (ACS)
- Megacode treatment
Students must hold a Current American Heart Association BLS for Healthcare Provider CPR card to take the course. Students must pass a written exam and megacode skills test in order to qualify for an ACLS Provider Course Completion Card.
Approved by the American Heart Association, an organization accredited by the Continuing Education Coordinating Board for Emergency Medical Services (CECBEMS), for 12.00 Advanced CEHs, activity number 17-AMHA-F2-0119.